If you are looking into ergonomic office chairs in Fort Myers, then you may have heard about why office ergonomics is so important. Ergonomics is the study of efficiency in the workplace. Basically, it is the study of what you can do to help your workers stay healthy and perform better.
Besides keeping your employees safe, office ergonomics comes with plenty of other benefits for the office
Benefits of Office Ergonomics
- Reduces Costs – By investing in office ergonomic strategies, you reduce ergonomic risk factors like MSDs. MSDs are musculoskeletal disorders that occur due to movement repetition or poor posture. If you provide ergonomics in the office, these risk factors drastically decrease. About one-third of workers compensation are paid to cases of MSD. Reduce these costs. Invest in ergonomic office chairs in Fort Myers.
- Boosts Productivity – Office ergonomics boosts productivity. Designing a workspace that promotes good posture, less repetitive motions, easier heights and reaches, and less exertion nurtures a more efficient work process. More efficiency equals more productivity.
- Work Quality – Poor office ergonomics leads to tired and easily irritated workers that cannot do their best work. They may miss an important detail or forget an important call to a client. The best way to keep your employees in top form is to invest in office ergonomics. Proper office ergonomics will keep everyone in top working form.
- Improvement in Employee Engagement – Office ergonomics will reduce turnover, lessen absenteeism, boost morale, and increase employee involvement. Also, employees will appreciate that the company that they work for is working so hard to see to their safety and health.
- Safety Culture – Investing in ergonomics shows your company is committed to health and safety. By making health and safety a core value of your company, you create a stronger safety culture in your workplace. Your workers are your most valuable asset and keeping them healthy and safe is good business and the right thing to do.
Picking an Ergonomic Office Chair
Here are some features any good ergonomic office chair should possess:
- Height – Have an office chair with adjustable height is key and a pneumatic adjustment lever is the best way to adjust chair height. Optimal chair height is between 16 to 21 inches for most people.
- Width and Depth – Chairs should be about 20 inches wide and have a depth that allows employees to sit with their backs against the chair and a space of 2-4 inches between the front of the chair seat and his or her knees.
- Lumbar – Lumbar or lower back support is a major feature in ergonomic office chairs. The lower back needs to be supported to reduce back pain.
- Backrest – The backrest needs to be adjustable in both height and angle. It also needs to help keep the spine in a proper position to prevent back issues.
- Armrests – The armrests also need to be adjustable so that employees can adjust them to fit their height. Arms should be level with the top of the desk and office chair arms keep them in that position.
- Swivel – A good ergonomic office chair has a smooth swivel. This makes it easier for workers to reach different areas of their workstation without straining.
If you are looking into purchasing ergonomic office chairs in Fort Myers, stop by Office Furniture & Design Concepts. We have ergonomic office chairs on display for you to try out before you buy.